Sunday, March 25, 2012

Beauty…… the way of life!!


As I sit in front of the gulf sea, realisation starts creeping in …… churning and knocking the thought process awake. I had put these  on a back burner for awhile now.  I have seldom participated in the thought process which I am forced to do now as I look at the magnanimous sea which is so blue reflecting the beautiful sky .  The side effects it has on me also gives a calming effect to my senses. 

The gentle breeze blowing across this wonderful city of Salalah had caught my attention the moment I disembarked the aircraft.  It was slowly caressing my senses simultaneously making me realise that it is equally powerful……..a la sea and is omnipresent.  This fact is also acknowledged by the coconut trees whose large typical  leaves sway in acknowledgement reflecting the evening sunlight which is incident on the coconut leaves at an obtuse angle notionally giving an effect that there may be precious stones like diamonds on the leaves.  I am totally in love with this small city which is inspiring so many emotions in me. 

The view of so many beautiful people more significantly the beautiful women in swimsuits enjoying the sea adds to the whole setup.  I mean everything about women cannot be viewed in a erotic way but beauty is beauty.  I am amazed that a beautiful set up can make everything so beautiful  and divine.  



For me this small beautiful town is in transitional mode what with its infrastructure being upgraded to make it a city.  I am really worried for a fraction of second if I am going to be a part of a development which is going to take over the natural beauty and replace it with a concrete jungle.  But for now these apprehensions can wait…… as I am brought back to the beautiful present listening to the continuous banter  of the caretaker of this sea facing resort who was telling me the timings of the dinner, lunch and breakfast……… which seemed more for his convenience than mine….. probably because he did not want to be disturbed at odd hours.
In my opinion Salalah is easily one of the most beautiful ports among the GCC countries…… as I think further ….. I realise there is more to life than just target and goals……. which have overwhelmed me and in my pursuit of achieving them may be I have lost the perspective of life. The awareness that I was…. I am …. I will be …….has been lost over some thing which I cannot call materialistic but a will to prove something to myself. 



The burning desire to do some thing meaningful has overshadowed my awareness without realising that…….. may be….. I was losing on the precious moments of life……. that  may be I was slowly losing it ….. but nature has a way of correcting things in its own way…. Sometimes enforcing a tsunami…..an earthquake…..and bringing back every thing to basics but in my case nature has chosen a beautiful and a subtle way…. Thank you god for bringing me to heaven even before  I die…..



By blogger:  Jags






4 comments:

  1. enjoy the beauty :)

    subhash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be a beautiful place from the snaps....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple,
    yet effective. A lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say that you've done a great job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads very fast for me on Opera. Excellent Blog!



    Here is my web-site - weightloss program

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Many thanks!

    my web blog www.africanmangoplusguide.com

    ReplyDelete